First, congratulations on your new hearing aid! You can finally take the steps you need to a better quality of life just by using your new hearing device. Now that you have made your first hearing aid purchase you may have a few questions about the next steps. Let us help you answer a few common questions.
- Ask your hearing care professional to show you the differences with the program settings so you know which to use if your settings need to change given your location.
- Ask about the volume levels and what level your hearing aid should be set to.
- Keep a schedule of when your battery is due to be changed. They do not all last the same amount of time, given the power level of your hearing aid a battery can last from a week to two weeks on average.
- Clean the tip of your hearing aid daily to reduce buildup. To clean the tip of your hearing aid you should use a brush and or slightly damp cloth to wipe away any excess residue.When the tips feel as if they are losing their elasticity it may be time to talk to your audiologist about having replacement parts ordered so you can stay comfortable.
- You should alway take your hearing aid out when you are going to sleep. This will not only help prevent battery drainage but also keep your ears from getting sore due to long periods of wear. Once you have taken out your hearing aids you should be sure to store them in a cool and dry place so they do not get mixed up with moisture or too much heat.
- Ask your audiologist about their hearing aid care programs to see if any of these steps are covered by your current audiologist. Many times basic cleaning care will be included in the hearing aid purchase.
Knowing about what your hearing aid dispenser offers is important to you as a hearing aid purchaser. Don’t be afraid to ask what is included with your hearing aid. If you are looking for hearing aids in the Massachusetts and surrounding New England from a well known and trust hearing aid care center, Mass Audiology is the place for you! Contact us today to learn more about our line of Reveal hearing aids!