Hearing Aid “Dos & Don’ts”
Here are some classic dos & don’ts when it comes to hearing aid usage.
- Become comfortable using the device in your own home first
- Begin using it in small doses
- Try to place yourself so you can see people’s faces
- Do not strain to hear absolutely every detail
- Improve your patience with loud sounds
- Slowly increase the number of people you speak to
- Get regular exams
- Maintain and clean your hearing aid
- Explore the new technological opportunities available
- Get discouraged. You will adjust.
- Be afraid to ask someone to repeat something
- Leave your hearing aid in a moist or humid environment
- Be deterred by the background noise